Day 30 of Giving

One of my favorite things to do is read. If I had all the time in the world and I don't need to sleep, I would probably read all day. Fiction, non fiction, I'm up for either. I remember when I was super into Harry Potter and would literally stay up all night to finish the book. And then afterwards, I'm like, why did I rush that? Sometimes, a book is just meant to be enjoyed.

So today, after that kids went to bed (I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you this is my favorite time of the day), I picked up the book I had been savoring, and read it to the very end.


Look, it's been a crazy couple of months for me. And no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't shake some of the thoughts I have been having. And some of these thoughts aren't exactly nice. People I was resenting, situations I haven't forgiven. And with reading this book, I was able to finally let go of a lot of the concepts I have been holding on to. I would like to say this was for the benefit of everyone around me, but no, I think this was a gift to myself. I finally felt peace that I haven't felt in a long time.

If you have a chance, read the book. Go to thework.com and get some free stuff on their website.

Comments

Popular Posts