Day 14 of Giving

Giving every day sure has been a challenge. But writing every day has been even harder. This is why you're seeing day 9-15 all at once. I'm writing them all in one night. It's been hard to find the focus to write every night. I will try to post more often from now on. No promises, but I will do my best!

It was an exhausting day for Bryan and I. Both with the kids and with our relationship. We were both emotionally exhausted. If there was one thing I wanted to do after putting the kids down that night, it was sleep. I wanted to curl up in a ball, cry, and go to sleep.

Instead, I gave us a night out. I pushed us to have a night out.

Nothing big - just a quick bite with a bubble tea.


It was exactly what we needed. A few tears in between our conversations (oh who am I kidding? I was sobbing at one point), but overall, a great night out for both of us.

Listen you guys - giving for 365 days doesn't always means giving to people you don't know. Giving starts at home. If we can't give to those we love, than what meaning does it all have?

If you've been thinking about giving - start at home. To yourself, to your spouse, to your children. Afterall, your family is where your heart is at.

Comments

Popular Posts