Day 27 of Giving

I'm a sleeper. Before kids, I would sleep until 1 pm if the day allowed it. I was like this since I was a teenager. My friends used to make fun of me because they would call at 11 am to do something and I would be super grouchy.

Of course, after kids, it's a different story. Having said that, I have an amazing husband. He lets me sleep in almost every morning. So most days, I wake up at 8:30 while he is up with the kids between 6:45 to 7:30 am. Sometimes Mack would come to our room and try to wake me up. So today, that's what she did.

I had kept this package of kitkat bar by the bed from the weekend before (I don't even like chocolate, it was Mack's from a hockey game we were watching). Mack had came into the room to try to wake me up. A few minutes later, there was silence. I opened my eyes and Mack had this kitkat bar in her mouth.

I gasped. Then laughed. Some days, you have to let things go. And today, I chose to give my child the benefit of having chocolate at 8:30 in the morning. Because sometimes, you just gotta break the rules a little bit. And today was one of those days :)

Let kids be kids guys. Next thing you know, you're registering them into preschool and you're like, how the heck did I get here?

Comments

Popular Posts