Day 31 of Giving

If you missed my postpartum depression post, you can read it here.

I used to think that depression was self-made and therefore, self-curable. Until I had PPD and realized that umm...there are sick people out there. Sometimes, even when you do all the "right" things, you still need more help. And I think maybe we, as a society, aren't as educated about mental illness as we think.

Today is Bell's Let's Talk Day.


For every shared picture on facebook, every tweet with #bellletstalk, and every text/phone call made (by Bell customers), five cents will be donated to a mental illness initiative.

I'm all for it. So today, let's talk. Let's talk about mental illness and how it has affected you in your life. I am sure everyone has or know someone who has experienced depression in their lives. It would be nice to be in a world where we could share this. Let's talk.

Comments

Popular Posts