Day 18 of Giving

I am a naturally social person. I love going out with my friends and chatting with them. Mostly, I just enjoy their presence.

Which was why I formed our mommy's group when Mack was first born. There are 24 of us in the group (we've grown to be like 35 kids or something now). All of babies were born in 2011. It's nice to be able to relate each stage with someone. And now that most of us have seconds, it makes our conversations that much more interesting.

When we were all on mat leave, we used to get together once a month for playdates. Once everyone went back to work, we started having a once a month mommy's night out. We have not missed a month for almost 2 years. It's one of the few groups I know that nothing is off the table to talk about. And the best part is we're always met with understanding and empathy.

Today was a bad day for me. It was one of the first times that I did not want to get out of the house to see anyone. I wanted to just stay home, be in front of my computer and work. I didn't know how I was going to make eye contact when I could barely look at myself. Even though I was the one who organized the night, I was ready to bail.

But I pushed. And Bryan pushed. And off I went. I told Bryan I was going to be off for an hour, and I was off for 4. (This should not surprise anyone)

It was one of the mommies birthday this week. And so, my giving of today was a dessert. It wasn't my idea - it was another mommy's idea to order a dessert for the birthday girl. So I can take no credit!


If you haven't had the peanut butter crunch from Cactus Club, I highly recommend it! Happy Birthday Melanie! And thank you Erin for the idea. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to give on day 18!

Comments

Popular Posts