Day 44 of Giving

A year ago, BC decided to adopt a holiday called "Family Day". It's cute. It's a day where you spend with your family. Honestly, we do this almost every week anyway, but this was nice, because the city put on a bunch of free stuff for families to enjoy.

To start off, we took the kids to New West at the Arenex for some gymnastics. Both kids were all over climbing, jumping, and balancing on beams. Then we headed over to the New West Quay for lunch, live music, and a whole bunch of cool stuff going on over there.

Mack being herself, made a new friend within 30 seconds of going into this playground. They played the ENTIRE time holding hands, going down the slide together. It was super cute. The other girl cried when they had to say goodbye (Mack couldn't understand why she was so sad). Bryan and I took down the parents' number for a future play date. The life of a parent! You make friends because your kid makes friends. It's amazing.

We met up with some of our friends afterwards, grabbed a bite to eat, let the kids run and danced around. Came home, spent some time with my mom and sister, had an awesome dinner (beef stroganoff!). It was a perfect Sunday.

Today, I gave my kids all of my attention. I didn't care if they were whining, and I didn't care how much more expensive things might've cost. I was present and loved every minute with them. With Mack's love language being quality time, it was the best day for her. And that makes it all worth it.


Giving to my kids first always have its rewards. They feel super loved and act out less. I know the rest of the week will be great, because I was able to be the most present with them for the entire day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts